Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens … plus related software and hardware. This is a Mac/Apple bias list, but some, like 1 Password, may have versions for both platforms:
I consider the following items must have / must use:
- 1Password – password management software. Essential. Get this before you pay for your groceries. It’s worth giving up food for a day to buy this one.
- Time Machine – software included with Leopard+ for backing up files. Lion now gives file by file control, but this is the “big daddy” overseer.
- Backblaze – on line backup service (useful if you have decent internet connection UPLOAD speed)
- Clips – a bit of software that hangs onto up to 100 clipboard contents – so if you hit copy, it saves it – and then when you copy something else instead of the first one getting bumped it saves that one to a file, and so on, 100 times. You can mark & keep copied items indefinitely so as to call saved clipboards anytime – in any program. For example, all I have to do is start typing my email address and the clips program fills in the rest – in any program. Wicked excellent.
- Dropbox – file synchronization & sharing service. A great way to save, share & access files. Allows you to rebuild from previous versions and create easy photo galleries.
- BookMacster – manages browser bookmarks between browsers, devices and computers. It allows you to sort & organize, open and save, import and export, check for duplicates & expired links.
AND, since I know you all love to manage photos: LIGHTROOM. Where would I be without it?